Keith and Faith's 28 Day Detox

Keith and Faith are spending 28 days on a strict detox diet, not to lose weight, but to improve our health and general well-being. Can we do it? How will it make us feel? Can we survive 28 days without tea!? All will be revealed...

Friday, July 29, 2005

Preparation, Preparation, Preparation

I am really looking forward to doing this detox.

I don't have any desire to lose weight and I don't feel that my diet is particularly bad, although I do tend to eat alot of conveince food. Faith has been on a detox diet before, about a year ago, following the diet in Carol Vorderman's Detox For Life and advice from afew other detox books.

Faith managed about 3 weeks, but finished due to situation more than anything else. What makes me excited about this is what Faith has said about the improvements that detoxing makes to your energy levels and alertness.

The first few days are harsh, as your body deals with withdrawal from caffine and other stimulants, the headaches are awful. However this passes after after days...I hope! After this you start to feel more alert and you have more energy.

Watching the TV programme "You Are What You Eat" with Gillian McKeith also seems to say the same thing.

My diet isn't that bad, but like I said, I do eat alot of conveinence food, as I like quick food that doesn't take much preparation. Jam sandwiches provide the best food satisfaction to preparation time ratio, which is why I eat so many!

Food preparation what is going to be most difficult for me with the Detox for me, nearly all of the ingredients are fresh, which means alot of shopping, alot of planning and alot of preparation.

So I started yesterday. Have the vitamins and suppliments shopping list finished...which comes to over 70 quid!!!! (I'll post that in due course) And I'm working on the shopping list for the first week.

Ok, that's enough for a first post, wish us luck, send us any words of encouragement, or stories of your detox.

Signing off,

Keith

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home