Keith and Faith's 28 Day Detox

Keith and Faith are spending 28 days on a strict detox diet, not to lose weight, but to improve our health and general well-being. Can we do it? How will it make us feel? Can we survive 28 days without tea!? All will be revealed...

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Detox Day 1

Today has been full of shopping, eating, preparing and planning.

It's difficult to stay on top of all the things we need to follow the menu, I guess we're lucky that we can buy them all on our doorstep.

Some of the meals need to be prepared the night before, especially if we're taking it into work for lunch. The meals use alot more ingredients than I'm used to, usually it's one or two items for the meal, as I buy ready-made stuff.

I'm just about keeping ontop of things, and I'm sure it'll get easier.

Here is what we've eaten today:

Breakfast -
Hot water and lemon
Carrot and apple kickstart (jucied apple, carrot and celery) - Not too bad, but Faith doesn't like celery
Sunflower and pumpkin seeds
Linseeds on millet porridge - Really like this, having it for breakfast tomorrow too
Then peppermint tea - very refreshing

Snack -
I had raisins, Faith had 2 apples (we got alittle hungry because we went shopping before lunch)

Lunch -
Homemade hummus - I was suprised how easy this was to make
Mangetout, cucumber sticks, celery sticks, radishes and grapes for dipping
Wanna see a picture?



Green tea

Dinner (Having it soon) -
Pepper and cashew pilaf

So far it's been ok for me, I drink alot less tea than I used to, so I haven't missed that too much, and there are lots of things you can have as snacks it you get hungry, like raisins, YUM!

Faith was feeling abit rough earlier, but I think it's just a bit of a cold.

I've decided that I I'm not going to post details of all the things we buy for the detox, as it's taking too much time...sorry about that. I'll still post details of what we eat and how we feel.

Also, we weighed ourself this morning, so we can see if we do lose any weight.

Current weight:

Keith: 12 stone 8 lbs
Faith: 8 stone 11lbs

We'll keep you updated.

Keith and Faith

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home