Keith and Faith's 28 Day Detox

Keith and Faith are spending 28 days on a strict detox diet, not to lose weight, but to improve our health and general well-being. Can we do it? How will it make us feel? Can we survive 28 days without tea!? All will be revealed...

Monday, August 01, 2005

Detox Day 2

Well today wasn't easy, but I'll start with what we've eaten:

Breakfast -
Millet porridge with almond milk (still quite nice)
Raisins (YUM, Faith doesn't like them though)

Snack -
Faith: Organic Pineapple, 2 Nectarines, 2 Apples
Keith: Rye bread with tahini

Lunch -
Vegetable soup (Faith cooked this the night before and we heated it up in the microwave at work)

Dinner (We are having this in half an hour) -
Spiced rice with pumpkinseeds
Melon with stawberries and mint

As I said, today was tough. I felt really, REALLY tired and started to get a headache during the morning.

I think Faith had it worse, but she'll probably tell you about that.

We left work early, bought the extra fruit and veg that we needed, and when I got back I had a little sleep, and took a couple of paracetemols to ease the headache. I was in two minds about whether I should take any medication for my headache, as I was detoxing, and this didn't seem to fit with the ethos of the detox. In the end I decided to, as it would allow me to help Faith with preparation and planning.

Well, we are about to eat our dinner, I might post later about what the dinner is like.

Keith

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home